Whether you’re getting ready to put your home on the market or you just want to create more space for yourself, the easy and inexpensive tips below will help give you a bit more breathing room. By thinking big and getting creative, you can comfortably live large in even the smallest of spaces.
The following tips will help transform your cramped quarters into more spacious areas:
- Remove rugs – Avoid area rugs as using the same type of flooring throughout adjoining rooms creates a feeling of spaciousness.
- Pocket doors – Installing pocket doors is an easy and inexpensive way to create loads of extra useable space.
- Mirror Mirror – Strategically place mirrors throughout your home for the illusion of added space and also to reflect light to adjoining rooms.
- Hide & Seek – Maximize every bit of hidden space you have such as using shelving pockets on the backs of doors or bed risers for that all important under the bed storage.
- Open space – Arrange your furniture so you can see as much of the floor as possible. Moving furniture away from entrances will make a space appear larger as rooms with blocked views can feel cramped.
- Brighter rooms – Painting walls a soft shade and the ceiling bright white will give the illusion of added height. Letting in plenty of natural sunlight also helps a space appear larger so keep window areas clear of heavy drapes.